In Reply to: 1976 'Midway' may be a better bet posted by dwill123 on November 9, 2019 at 03:04:40:
only an audiophile would care, but I remember a small newspaper article about the sensurround system installed in the chinese theatre for the movie Earthquake.
Paper said the cerwen vega woofers in the seats were getting hot and failing, they were all replaced with JBL . Makes sense, those old theatres used the voice of the theatre stuff, which would lead them to believe the other products were also top quality, I suppose.
The thing that made the 76 midway a major cut above was the inclusion of actual war footage, in color. You had the stars stomping around, then had these these action shots of some poor bastard loosing a wing and rolling over to start his crash, and it is not CGI. Real fighting and dying is not often woven into a hollywood blockbuster.
I don't think this new film was planned as a block buster, but how would I know. All I know is that it is tough to make a good movie, and there are many a slip between the cup and the lip.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'Midway': Boomer's Delight . . . - Billy Wonka 15:30:26 11/08/19 (12)
- Woody Harrelson) - troutbum 05:39:35 11/18/19 (1)
- Gene Hackman comes to mind. - free.ranger 09:16:55 11/22/19 (0)
- I like war movies and enjoyed this one.. Also watched... - jeffreybehr 11:08:50 11/14/19 (3)
- The B-17 landing scene (Midway 1976) . . . - dwill123 15:35:40 11/14/19 (2)
- I am interested in how the new flic compares to - Ross 15:16:02 11/10/19 (1)
- This goes more into the "realities" of code breaking . . . - Billy Wonka 15:30:42 11/11/19 (0)
- 1976 'Midway' may be a better bet - dwill123 03:04:40 11/09/19 (3)Follow Ups
- Sensurround, it was just a speaker in the seat. - beach cruiser 23:34:01 11/13/19 (0)