In Reply to: 'The Irishman': Scorscese or SNL? posted by Billy Wonka on November 29, 2019 at 15:44:43:
With these older actors remember they've done so many films over so many years you're gonna learn their schtick like you won't with younger actors with t n or so years. I thought you were too critical
That said I'm feeling like it's one of my first Scorsese films that gets a B or B+.
Knowing the outcome played a big role in that. Pacino was fine. Everyone was very good.
I'll have to see how I feel about in in a few years.
At 60 I'm facing my acting hero's getting quite old and a news story I lived through as a teen. I found these things cathartic in a way.
Did youwatch the 40 odd minute vid about the making of with the big three and Scorsese? Making the big three look both older AND younger was done by Lucas CGI not make up. It was totally worth watching.
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936
Edits: 11/29/19This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'The Irishman': Scorscese or SNL? - Billy Wonka 15:44:43 11/29/19 (18)
- Not as mediocre as everyone says, but I stayed awake throughout. Maybe low expectations. nt - firstname.lastname@example.org 17:59:15 12/22/19 (0)
- RE: 'The Irishman': Scorscese or SNL? - email@example.com 14:14:05 12/21/19 (3)
- According to Wiki, the Towers opened in April 1973 . . . - Billy Wonka 07:10:55 12/24/19 (0)
- The Twin Towers scene threw us off... - musetap 14:55:17 12/21/19 (1)
- Maybe it was a pimply-faced 18 yo computer animation geek who got his ancient history mixed up. : ) - firstname.lastname@example.org 07:42:26 12/23/19 (0)
- Boring in the near extreme - Victor Khomenko 07:20:18 12/07/19 (0)
- We liked it ... - reelsmith. 12:10:45 12/01/19 (2)
- Check out Pacino as Phil Spector in a REAL toupee (as such)... - musetap 12:46:52 12/01/19 (1)
- Yup, that was a goodun ^ - Road Warrior 16:12:44 12/01/19 (0)
- Mixed feelings... - tunenut 10:49:55 12/01/19 (0)
- I thought the 'younger' DeNiro's eyes looked odd, too blue and almost glowing. I was disappointed in the CGI - PhilJ 15:02:50 11/30/19 (3)
- RE: I thought the 'younger' DeNiro's eyes looked odd, too blue and almost glowing. I was disappointed in the CGI - troutbum 05:32:35 12/01/19 (1)
- Computer Generated Imagery - PhilJ 06:19:56 12/01/19 (0)
- That's what it was . . . - Billy Wonka 16:56:36 11/30/19 (0)
- I liked it - Awe-d-o-file 19:50:56 11/29/19 (2)
- No, I haven't seen the "making of" yet . . . - Billy Wonka 13:37:34 11/30/19 (1)
- RE: No, I haven't seen the "making of" yet . . . - Awe-d-o-file 06:07:59 12/08/19 (0)
- Pacino tone it down????????... - musetap 17:29:56 11/29/19 (0)