Roger Ebert says he has cancer again, taking 'leave of presence'
Roger Ebert will be writing fewer of his famed movie reviews because a recurrence of cancer, but the movie critic promises his illness will give him other topics to write about.
The Pulitzer Prize winner announced on his blog that he is undergoing radiation treatment for cancer that was discovered after he fractured his hip last year. He can't attend as many movie screenings, he said, so he will scale back.
He's calling it a "leave of presence."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/04/03/roger-ebert-says-has-cancer-again-taking-leave-presence/#ixzz2PSigCc4T
I was horrified to see the above photo. I still had the images of his Siskel days embedded in my mind's eye. I wish him the best and appreciate his spirit for carrying on as he has for the past years.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Poor Ebert . . . it just can't possibly get worse, can it? - just grits 20:35:38 04/03/13 (17)
- so sad to hear, at least his misery is over. RIP - PhilJ 20:54:52 04/04/13 (0)
- very sad today, R.I.P Roger Ebert - tunenut 16:16:45 04/04/13 (1)
- Very sad. - Prisoners 16:40:10 04/04/13 (0)
- Toodles, Roger, you will be missed. * - just grits 14:32:39 04/04/13 (0)
- RE: His leave is permanent by now- - patrickU 13:24:11 04/04/13 (0)
- His love of cinema is really infectious. Hope he wins this battle. - Enophile 10:59:59 04/04/13 (1)
- RE: Nope - his battle is over. RIP (nt - Eldragon 12:43:57 04/04/13 (0)
- Best wishes - Victor Khomenko 06:13:22 04/04/13 (9)
- And just like that! RIP, RE. - sjb 12:41:30 04/04/13 (1)
- Fuck... nt - Victor Khomenko 13:17:01 04/04/13 (0)
- We all possess the means to exit when the film gets too horrific. nt - tinear 07:45:27 04/04/13 (6)
- Not true at all, unfortunately. - Victor Khomenko 07:47:19 04/04/13 (5)
- All free people may make their hiatus with a bare bodkin. nt - tinear 17:53:01 04/04/13 (4)
- While paralized? - Victor Khomenko 19:24:17 04/04/13 (3)
- Kevorkian. nt - tinear 07:34:41 04/05/13 (2)
- Me call... he no answer. - Victor Khomenko 08:09:16 04/05/13 (1)
- It is a situation that most of us will face, if not personally, with a loved one. It is rare that a guy can't - tinear 19:52:15 04/05/13 (0)