The Dirty Dozen in Space, with a dash of Henry V inspiration.
A blind Jedi makes perfect sense.
The end justifies the means as long as the end is virtuous.
The Rebels are guerrillas, with their very own Che Guevara (Saw Herrera).
CGI can resurrect the dead- hope their estates were well compensated.
Producers did a great job of capturing the feel of the original movie- hairstyles, costumes, sets, computer graphics etc.
Several major and minor cameos- some expected, some unexpected, but all served to tie the stories together in the continuum.
Definitely a war movie with a rousing cavalry rescue.
Definitely a Disney movie with the requisite multicultural cast.
I understand that Disney has planned 6 new movies; 3 as a new trilogy, and 3 as "side movies" stand alone stories that inform the main series of 3 trilogies. Rogue One was the first of the side-movies, telling the story of how the plotline for Ep IV- A New Hope was set in motion.
There have been various theories and conjecture regarding the next 2 stand-alone stories. One will feature a young Han Solo and Lando Calrisian- early adult years, becoming a smuggler, how he came to be in debt to Jabba the Hut etc. Could be a good space buddy movie with Chewie and Lando. I understand Emilia Clarke (Danerus Targarean from GOT) will be the female lead.
Through all of my cynicism, I still recall my wonder at seeing the original way back in the summer of '77.
I liked Rogue One.
Edits: 12/29/16This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Saw Rogue One - Ross 19:59:54 12/29/16 (7)
- RE: Saw Rogue One - jamesgarvin 10:08:50 01/03/17 (0)
- I saw it in '77 . . . - Billy Wonka 13:00:17 12/31/16 (1)
- I still don't get it... - musetap 10:17:52 01/01/17 (0)
- The time line is whacked on this one. - free.ranger 14:55:07 12/30/16 (0)
- RE: cgi characters and some spoilers - user510 11:17:14 12/30/16 (2)
- RE: cgi characters and some spoilers - Ross 15:54:12 12/30/16 (0)
- Cushing was definitely caught in the "uncanny valley"... - Steve O 11:36:38 12/30/16 (0)