"The Girl with all the Gifts" breathes a new life into the over-trodden path of the zombie genre-making a film that is challenging and thought-provoking.
"The Girl with all the Gifts" is light years ahead of the unsuccessful and painfully overacted "Day of the Dead" where Romero tried to convey that one could have some empathy for a zombie (a "hungry" in this vastly superior film). Written wonderfully by Mike Carey and portrayed beautifully by Sennia Nanua - whose naiveté is emphasized by her counterpart, kind of a female Dr Mengele - Dr. Caldwell (Glenn Close). The film challenges the notion of how one defines humanity. I can't imagine a better zombie film.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The Girl with all the Gifts - Dr Phibes 10:50:44 03/16/17 (5)
- I got kind of snooze during it but liked Close'second drive..... - Billy Wonka 09:21:12 03/21/17 (0)
- RE: The Girl with all the Gifts - RadioWonder 13:58:25 03/18/17 (1)
- RE: The Girl with all the Gifts - Dr Phibes 06:57:45 03/20/17 (0)
- Did he really say - Dingojazz 15:29:20 03/16/17 (1)
- RE: Did he really say - fantja 00:04:41 03/17/17 (0)