This little b&w gem from 1967 features Tommy Kirk and Yvonne Craig. If you can find the obscure Comet Channel on your cable input, then you might be in luck, sort of. Martian males come to earth to get wimmen folk.
Kirk was one of the early Disney kids, featured as one of the Hardy Boys in that series, and many other matinee headliners. Craig was best known from the tv series Batman, and dating Elvis for awhile.
This is terrible, even for free. I only saw part of it, opting to look out of a window instead of more of this. This is early nutball sci-fi, typically of so many in that era. Horrible stuff, costumes, story, acting, setting, "science" stuff, et al. Hard to imagine worse.
But you can switch your brain over to study mode, which I kind of did until I got queasy, and examine this specimen as a cultural genre artifact. This movie is very typical of the bulk of science fiction from the '60's; kind of like sci-fi noir, if you want to classify it today. It makes for some examination, unless there's something exciting going on outside your window. Maybe grass growing or something.
If you jump on this exciting opportunity, it might still be available on Comet (rhymes with ... ).
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - "Mars Needs Women". I thought it was obvious, but I'm no expert. - free.ranger 15:00:11 05/07/17 (7)
- RE: "Mars Needs Women". I thought it was obvious, but I'm no expert. - RGA 05:13:27 05/16/17 (0)
- You were wrong. You want the other one in the porn section (mt) - Rod M 19:24:43 05/11/17 (0)
- Excellent title. Nt - geoffkait 06:53:03 05/08/17 (0)
- Hard to imagine worse. - oldmkvi 02:07:09 05/08/17 (2)
- That title contains - Dingojazz 14:39:31 05/08/17 (1)
- Yes, if the Poster I saw was any guide at all...!! - oldmkvi 16:27:39 05/08/17 (0)
- Reminded me of this tune... - musetap 15:48:34 05/07/17 (0)