I got dragged by friends to see this being rather down on most superhero films but this reminded me of some sort of cross between the original Reeves Superman films mixed with Indiana Jones. I quite enjoyed the casting choices here as Gadot seems like a perfect fit for a Goddess savior and Pine is quite strong as the male lead - solid chemistry.
My only complaint really is the big action scene at the end - which all these movies have. I just wish these films would tone down the CGI and go for a more subdued and more realism. Still even here it was better than most of these kinds of films as it takes breaths and a beat to impart some heart.
It has some problems that most of these origin movies have - they have to take a bunch of time on backstory - thus certain characters are thin as cardboard - I'd like one or any of the villains to be more drawn out. There's no Lex Luthor of the original films (campy as he was) or the Joker from the Dark Knight. You don't get that here.
Nevertheless, it seemed fast for over 2 hours and for a comic book movie it's one of the best in the genre.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Wonder Woman is Wonderfully Fun - RGA 09:03:03 05/31/17 (9)
- I liked it, but could have done with less slow motion. (nt) - reelsmith. 13:42:28 06/19/17 (0)
- Loved it. One of the best with top-flight CGI, action, and humor. * - Billy Wonka 11:19:47 06/05/17 (0)
- RE: Wonder Woman is Wonderfully Fun - fantja 02:29:17 06/05/17 (1)
- Interesting facts about the creator... - RGA 02:19:59 06/06/17 (0)
- Agreed... - mkuller 22:29:14 06/04/17 (1)
- RE: Agreed... - RGA 02:24:00 06/06/17 (0)
- Pleasant surprise; better than I expected... - Steve O 20:58:45 06/04/17 (0)
- RE: Wonder Woman is Wonderfully Fun - Eric B 08:29:42 06/04/17 (0)
- I thought it a bit weird with all the time WW hung out with Chris Pine and friends (female directors touch?) - PhilJ 21:57:40 06/01/17 (0)