In Reply to: Actually it'snot about Nolan... posted by mkuller on July 22, 2017 at 14:35:31:
...the brave British civilians who risked their lives to rescue them.
It's a LITTLE movie that isn't much about the EPIC stories centered on Dunkirk. I think it's such a poor imitation of that overall story that it fails miserably while assaulting viewers' ears with Zimmer's horrible 'music'. I LOVE WWII movies, even those that are just fair. This one's embarrasingly BAD.
And where are the French in this movie, besides manning the barricades in the town's streets?
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'Dunkirk': Nolan's Waterloo - Billy Wonka 18:43:08 07/20/17 (31)
- RE: 'Dunkirk': Nolan's Waterloo - Frihed89 01:57:56 08/14/17 (0)
- I liked it! A interesting approach to explaining the event. (nt) - Steve O 05:56:59 08/07/17 (0)
- RE: 'Dunkirk': Nolan's Waterloo - Albert B. Broman 20:04:15 08/04/17 (0)
- I liked it more than you to say the least - tunenut 13:43:56 07/25/17 (2)
- Just saw it in IMAX... - mkuller 16:29:19 07/23/17 (0)
- RE: I would pose a question prior to seeing this movie...... - user510 11:46:04 07/23/17 (3)
- 'Fury Road'. I'd cross the street to AVOID 'Dunkirk'. (NT) - jeffreybehr 01:25:59 07/27/17 (2)
- RE: 'Fury Road'. I'd cross the street to AVOID 'Dunkirk'. (NT) - firstname.lastname@example.org 11:34:53 07/27/17 (1)
- they used models for some of the airplane scenes and no carnage after bombings. You call that realism? Nt - geoffkait 13:53:05 07/28/17 (0)
- You mean Deafkirk. Saw it at the IMAX tonight - email@example.com 22:38:53 07/22/17 (2)
- I NEVER go to the movies without - oldmkvi 08:55:51 07/23/17 (1)
- Seriously, but I totally forgot because I was running late. The last night's volume was absurdly loud. t - firstname.lastname@example.org 09:59:53 07/23/17 (0)
- This week's Time magazine... - mkuller 14:20:48 07/22/17 (6)
- Consider the source. Nt - geoffkait 15:27:28 07/22/17 (0)
- Hope you are brainless enough to like it . . . - Billy Wonka 14:24:48 07/22/17 (4)
- Thnx for another great, understandable, review - Road Warrior 21:36:16 07/21/17 (0)
- Sounds like one of those subjects too big for a movie. - free.ranger 18:35:21 07/21/17 (0)
- I made it through one hour successfully. A stupid man's Saving Pvt. Ryan nt - geoffkait 16:22:55 07/21/17 (0)
- Damn! Was looking forward to seeing it! - Eldragon 13:24:07 07/21/17 (2)
- Best way to approach it . . . - Billy Wonka 15:15:18 07/21/17 (1)
- If you read the two links I shared... - mkuller 16:12:27 07/22/17 (0)
- Both local critics raved about it... - mkuller 10:55:05 07/21/17 (2)
- RE: Both local critics raved about it... - email@example.com 12:13:32 07/21/17 (1)
- If you are looking for "The Longest Day" . . . - Billy Wonka 15:13:54 07/21/17 (0)
- You are so right, Billy. It's an ill-conceived movie.... - jeffreybehr 00:41:19 07/21/17 (0)
- If only it were about the soldiers stranded there and... - jeffreybehr 16:23:51 07/23/17 (0)