We saw "Baby Driver" yesterday. After reading the rave reviews I was perplexed... We did not like it.
The forced retro references were superficial, the relationships were beyond cliche, and it's "hipness" thin and trite.
When Kevin Spacey said "I was in love once" I wondered- Are we supposed to be impressed by how lazy the writer can be? Are we too "informed" to be emotionally connected to a movie and cinema has the same depth as a smartphone video game?
When did it become hip to be bad?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Baby Driver- Ugh! - Dr Phibes 03:33:18 08/11/17 (10)
- Halfway through the story and characters . . . - Billy Wonka 13:58:14 08/13/17 (0)
- Baby Driver- Ugh! - mkuller 14:19:46 08/11/17 (8)
- We're a tough crowd here! - Chris from Lafayette 20:00:21 08/11/17 (1)
- Atomic Blond... - mkuller 09:55:53 08/12/17 (0)
- RE: Baby Driver- Ugh! - Dr Phibes 18:37:13 08/11/17 (1)
- RE: Baby Driver- Ugh! - mkuller 09:59:05 08/12/17 (0)
- Going to skip both ... - reelsmith. 16:31:10 08/11/17 (3)