What was supposed to be a "buddy" film quickly turned into a Sam Jackson Fest. It is hard to work with, around, or over his perpetual caustic delivery. Reynolds was no match for him in this outing.
Based on the concept that Reynolds was a former top-rated celebrity body guard who had lost a prime client and his standing, he accidentally snagged this< assignment from his former girl friend. Reynolds was to get Jackson, a really bad dude, to the Hague so he could testify against Gary Oldman, a former "president" of Belarus.
This is basically a buddy film with lots of car chases, bullets, and blood. But, you don't feel bad about it as everybody was a "bad guy".
Nice budget and shot in Europe, it was a picturesque travel log filled with thugs, crashing cars, and dead people. The script was cute (that is what Reynolds does) and Jackson eventually wrests the attention from everyone else.
I would say this is a DVD movie but there are folks who don't mind a lot of action with murder and mayhem mixed with laughs. I'm one of them.
This thing is a good time killer with a tub of popcorn and bloody butter.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'The Hitman's Bodyguard': Jackson is always inescapable . . . - Billy Wonka 13:13:19 08/22/17 (5)
- RE: 'The Hitman's Bodyguard': Jackson is always inescapable . . . - Dr Phibes 09:53:26 09/04/17 (0)
- I've had it with Jackson's scenery chewing - mbnx01 11:38:53 08/24/17 (2)
- Got a good buddy who refuses to see a SLJ film for he same reasons . . . - Billy Wonka 20:08:33 08/27/17 (1)
- His Credit card ads are kind of creepy- - oldmkvi 14:51:38 08/29/17 (0)
- RE: 'The Hitman's Bodyguard': Jackson is always inescapable . . . - fantja 16:13:27 08/23/17 (0)