...I'm going to step out on a limb and make a prediction.
The Post with Hanks and Streep will win best picture this year.
3 Billboards, Shape of Water, Florida Project, Lady Bird, Dunkirk maybe Mudbound and a couple of others will split votes.
The Post, about the Washington Post publishing the Pentagon Papers, in spite of Nixon's threats, will resonate with the left-leaning Academy voters in light of today's politics and it will win.
What do you think?
Edits: 01/07/18This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - This year's Oscar winner... - mkuller 12:11:03 01/07/18 (15)
- Not a chance - Analog Scott 14:37:23 01/22/18 (1)
- RE: Not a chance - Plinko 16:10:17 01/30/18 (0)
- It didn't get any Golden Globe Awards, I heard. nt - oldmkvi 15:34:07 01/10/18 (1)
- Uh, it's the foreign press. - geoffkait 14:28:24 01/11/18 (0)
- RE: This year's Oscar winner... - Bill the K 04:09:28 01/08/18 (1)
- huh? - Analog Scott 14:40:23 01/22/18 (0)
- The film reminds us what a pile of claptrap (or something that rhymes with that) today's Washington Post is. . - Chris from Lafayette 21:22:40 01/07/18 (4)
- The film reminds us... - mkuller 09:40:45 01/08/18 (3)
- ,How would you call the Globes? - MaxwellP 16:10:54 01/07/18 (1)
- Hard to say... - mkuller 16:15:51 01/07/18 (0)
- Isn't 'The Post' about the Washington Post? * - Billy Wonka 15:08:32 01/07/18 (1)
- Yep...edited it...thanks...(nt) - mkuller 16:05:46 01/07/18 (0)