unclear about the future of the franchise.
Drawing on the past while bringing in the new keeps the action and laughs rolling. Reynold (born to play this role) delivers a stacatto of insults and ineuendo ranging from all the X Men, his returned wife, his latest nemisis, with some quirky homoerotic moves. Brolin plays "Cable" the time-traveling assassin from the future dead set on killing a young mutant teen who kills his family in the future.
Brolin is a wonder in playing such a straight guy while Reynolds is going crazy. He's like the one sane guy in an insane asylum. No telling how many takes were required from crack ups. There are some eggs in the credits so sit tight and watch for a suprise cameo of about three seconds.
This one is on par with the first if not a little better. It is enjoyable and disappointing by the fact DP3 may not be happening. (OF course, with box office receipts and big checks dangling in front of Reynolds, anything is possible in the Marvel universe.
A must see for Marvel fans and recommended to those who are not.
4 outta 5 wonks.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'DP2': Funny, action packed, and . . . - Billy Wonka 19:23:49 05/18/18 (11)
- It's about the only Marvel movies worth watching... - RGA 08:46:51 05/22/18 (1)
- +1...(nt) - mkuller 11:13:26 05/22/18 (0)
- Agree... - mkuller 18:15:40 05/20/18 (0)
- funnier than the first and maybe more raunchy, a bit too long but in the end that's a good thing. nt - PhilJ 19:53:35 05/19/18 (7)
- More of the same with a bit more raunch and Tarantino style gore... - Steve O 13:38:53 05/20/18 (6)
- Didn't you think... - mkuller 12:34:54 05/22/18 (5)
- Well, yeahbut... - Steve O 14:27:11 05/22/18 (4)
- Of course DP2... - mkuller 22:01:27 05/22/18 (0)
- a lot of it felt stale to me but I still laughed and the girl with luck as her power was fresh nt - PhilJ 15:45:52 05/22/18 (2)
- I wondered if she was intended as a spoof of "Gravity" (nt) - Steve O 17:54:40 05/22/18 (1)
- that's a funny observation, I doubt it's true but still a good one. nt - PhilJ 19:33:53 05/22/18 (0)