Well, that's my three cents. I think Ron Howard crafted a near perfect episode to the saga. A good script done with a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor and done in a more "realistic" way than the other "stories". What I mean by "realistic" is that the action unwinds at deliberate pace over the usual frenetic pace with entire armies chasing down three people 65% of the time. It was a good, solid story that doesn't wear you out or bore you.
Alden Ehrenreich, Han Solo, was perhaps the weakest link in the cast. Not his fault but more so the writing. He played a very young, hard-headed, wiseacre every moment he was on screen. I understand trying to conjure up Han as a young person but they really seemed to ring the bell on it. Otherwise, Harrelson, Bettany, Clarke, Newton, and assorted wookies and robots were all great (for a Star Wars film). Everything was up to par and I look forward to further "Solo" features over all the rest.
4 wonks for an action-adventure film with "normal" cinematic undertones
1 wank for a hyper Han Solo who will, hopefully, mature a bit next film
Edits: 05/25/18This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'Solo': Best Star Wars Story yet . . . - Billy Wonka 21:55:02 05/25/18 (12)
- I liked it., Unlike the others, it was done for fun, not to push an agenda. - Markw* 19:28:25 06/05/18 (0)
- RE: 'Solo': Best Star Wars Story yet . . . - grantv 09:44:46 05/30/18 (0)
- I gave up on the series - Mike B. 14:58:40 05/28/18 (2)
- Weekend box office was well below "expectations"... - Steve O 15:11:29 05/28/18 (1)
- You are correct - beach cruiser 14:23:33 06/05/18 (0)
- I enjoyed it quite a bit, action packed from start to finish... nt - PhilJ 12:44:32 05/27/18 (0)
- Lots of issues - Ross 07:22:54 05/27/18 (2)
- RE: Lots of issues.... I concur... - TWB 04:38:20 05/31/18 (0)
- Let's remember . . . - Billy Wonka 07:51:53 05/27/18 (0)
- Hmmmm...quite a contrast to nearly all other reviews I've read/heard . . . - Steve O 11:52:47 05/26/18 (2)