This one would keep you outta the water if the villians weren't 25M years old. They're big, nasty, and need braces. They chaw through almost everything that has expendable cast members inside. Statham is a real sassy hero who saves his ex-wife and soon to be new girlfriend. Almost satire but it does have a few surprise moments.
Statham is himself and the rest of the cast hides behind the scenery he eventually chews up. Decent FX with a mediocre script and replayed plot make an ideal summer movie for killing time.
Note: The Asian Hollywood invasion has become very apparent this summer and this one has the production money and cast to fulfill its advances on our shores.
3 wonks for summer entertainment
3 wanks for not killing certain characters fast enough
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'The Meg': Jawz Lite - Billy Wonka 17:02:56 08/11/18 (6)
- RE: 'The Meg': Jawz Lite - fantja 16:21:25 08/12/18 (3)
- See 'Jaws' and imagine it updated to now. * - Billy Wonka 10:52:04 08/13/18 (2)
- The trailer looked like it was Jaws meets 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 14:29:09 08/13/18 (1)
- Excellent meld! * - Billy Wonka 13:17:43 08/15/18 (0)
- Wait until next week... - mkuller 11:38:09 08/12/18 (1)
- Look forward to it. * - Billy Wonka 09:31:33 08/13/18 (0)