...Spike Lee's latest is a powerful film about race in America.
It is no coincidence it was released on the anniversary of the Charlottesville demonstration.
It is based on a true story about the first black cop to be hired in Colorado Springs in the early 1970s who teams up with a white co-worker to infiltrate the local chapter of the KKK.
Phone conversations with Grand Wizard David Duke take place and he comes to the cop's initiation ceremony.
While it moves slow in a few places, there is some humor, suspense and an explosion.
I predict it will be nominated for an Oscar.
And I also predict Wonka won't review it.
Edits: 08/12/18This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Black Klansman... - mkuller 21:22:24 08/12/18 (10)
- Best Picture or Most Popular? - Billy Wonka 10:50:42 08/13/18 (2)
- Really? - mkuller 11:13:46 08/13/18 (1)
- Would you stop stalking me with your adolescent politics? * - Billy Wonka 11:42:00 08/13/18 (0)
- Let's make a deal... - Steve O 09:33:32 08/13/18 (1)
- Let's see... - mkuller 09:53:21 08/13/18 (0)
- This place needs a "like" button...LIKE. //Nt - MaxwellP 06:10:15 08/13/18 (0)
- RE: Black Klansman... - geoffkait 05:03:20 08/13/18 (3)
- RE: Black Klansman... - fantja 22:51:36 08/18/18 (0)
- Actually... - mkuller 08:31:48 08/13/18 (1)
- RE: Actually... With perhaps an admixture of Gentlemen's Agreement (nt) - goldenthal 16:43:01 08/18/18 (0)