I remember watching it as a little boy - they showed it on Soviet TV, and much of it was still retained in my memory.
The director smartly avoids assigning his sympathy any to one of several warring sides, but his ambiguity is plain obvious it is not on the communist side.
Very good film, but it would make sense to read a bit on history of Poland during WWII - one might get lost in all that whirlpool otherwise.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 1958 "Ashes and Diamonds" - Victor Khomenko 06:09:01 08/20/18 (7)
- Old guys... - mkuller 15:19:57 08/20/18 (4)
- RE: Old guys... - volunteer 05:23:02 08/25/18 (0)
- OK, OK, here's another one: "They Drive By Night" - Victor Khomenko 18:46:17 08/21/18 (2)
- RE: OK, OK, here's another one: "They Drive By Night" - Awe-d-o-file 14:16:33 08/22/18 (1)
- LOL! Thanks for catching it! :-) nt - Victor Khomenko 19:02:21 08/23/18 (0)
- Polish history is fascinating - Jay Buridan 13:59:37 08/20/18 (0)
- One of my favorite flics. Nt - geoffkait 11:25:45 08/20/18 (0)