In Reply to: All the Way posted by Awe-d-o-file on August 22, 2018 at 10:46:24:
Johnson was such a complicated human that I wouldn't think any film could capture the scope of him.
Looking forward to comments.
Pros and cons, he was one of the most enigmatic politicians governing during what was probably the most complicated part of our history. JFK killing implications, Vietnam, civil rights, and more are his checkered legacy. A complicated man for complicated times.
If anyone is interested, his ranch, west of Austin, is a National Historic Park. I have stopped in a couple of times to look around. Its visitor center is pretty swell. There is a running chronological pictorial history along its walls, very detailed, covering all facets of his life. This is no whitewashed display, pulling punches. The historians know he was very controversial, and laid it all out there on display. The center has a nice bookstore carrying several biographies of the man; all quite thick. Complicated books for a complicated man.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - All the Way - Awe-d-o-file 10:46:24 08/22/18 (10)
- Interesting topic for a flick. - free.ranger 16:21:22 08/25/18 (3)
- One of the more accomplished... - mkuller 13:55:38 08/28/18 (2)
- I watched it recently... LBJ was clearly an ASSHOLE! - TWB 20:27:22 08/24/18 (5)
- Wow that's all you got? - Awe-d-o-file 18:24:33 08/26/18 (3)
- I think being implicated in the murder of who was arguably... - TWB 19:07:43 08/26/18 (2)
- Those quotes... - mkuller 13:52:04 08/28/18 (0)
- RE: I think being implicated in the murder of who was arguably... - Awe-d-o-file 09:52:53 08/28/18 (0)
- Not to mention murderer. Nt - geoffkait 11:04:52 08/25/18 (0)