My wife loves Mr. Rodgers, so this weekend, I decided to surprise her and take her to see "Won't You Be My Neighbor?". I really wasn't expecting to like it much, but I knew she would love it. I was right about her loving it, but wrong about me not liking it. I came away from the film both understanding and respecting the man much more. He was a fascinating character who both tried and succeeded to do good. Parts of it were touching. And it was far more interesting than I expected.
I an sure for a lot of people, this is not how they'd like to spend an hour and a half. Some of you, it would be pure torture. However, if you are open to this type of movie, it comes highly recommended by me.
With so much vitriol and conflict today, it was quite uplifting to see one man's realization of a mission of love. It was a welcome escape.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" - Crazy Dave 14:43:25 09/04/18 (5)
- Being too old a kid for that program - violinist3 21:37:33 09/07/18 (1)
- RE: Being too old a kid for that program - Crazy Dave 14:21:17 09/14/18 (0)
- RE: "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" - Mike B. 09:45:32 09/07/18 (1)
- RE: "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" - Crazy Dave 13:09:56 09/07/18 (0)
- "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" - mkuller 15:33:32 09/04/18 (0)