In Reply to: RE: I suggest... posted by dandaroy on October 29, 2015 at 16:55:20:
There is a place that many people on AVS seem to send their Panny boards to for repair. Not that expensive, but you will be down for ~2 weeks.
I wasn't kidding about plasmas with cracked screens as a source for parts. It seems like every day somebody on AVS posts about one of their kids (so they say!) throwing something or other at the screen and cracking it, very thin glass on the newer plasmas, especially the more expensive ones. Even people moving the larger plasmas in a vehicle regularly crack them.
It might be worthwhile to ask at AVS what Panny models use the same "A board" as yours, more choice. Maybe even contact the people who post, if their model is suitable, just to let them know you might be interested if they'd remove the board(s)...plasma-vulture.
I am sure Panny has plenty of parts for models as "new" as yours. I know for certain they even have brand new displays put away for warranty replacement (even Pio still does and they haven't made a plasma for 6+ years), you read every so often about somebody who gets one. Lots of brands won't sell replacement parts or give service info to consumers, part of their agreement with their authorised service techs.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Panasonic VT30 plasma HDMI port says no signal - dandaroy 09:42:45 10/25/15 (11)
- $130 @ ShopJimmy but they are out of stock - meisterkleef 10:07:16 11/02/15 (0)
- RE: Panasonic VT30 plasma HDMI port says no signal - cfraser 09:28:25 10/27/15 (8)
- RE: Panasonic VT30 plasma HDMI port says no signal - dandaroy 13:14:11 10/27/15 (7)
- RE: Panasonic VT30 plasma HDMI port says no signal - cfraser 12:21:27 10/28/15 (6)
- RE: Panasonic VT30 plasma HDMI port says no signal - dandaroy 15:45:37 10/28/15 (5)
- RE: Panasonic VT30 plasma HDMI port says no signal - fantja 06:52:51 10/26/15 (0)
- RE: I suggest... - cfraser 11:27:44 10/30/15 (0)