Folks, need help here before I get insane. So the cable guy installed Comcast box, and the speakers started to make this horrible humming noise. No matter which input I use or how loud the volume control is set. When I press mute the noise is still there, but a little lower. It's a simple 2 channel setup, screw in cable to the box, HDMI from the box to Tv, and RCA from the box to the amp. Without the amp tv doesn't hum.
I have isolated the problem to cable box and its screw in cable. When I unscrew the cable, even when the box is on, the hum disappears. Never had this problem with Directv.
Your input is greatly appreciated.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Switched from DirecTV to Comcast - got loud humming - erik 14:35:38 12/23/15 (10)
- RE: Switched from DirecTV to Comcast - got loud humming - Sondek 08:41:11 12/28/15 (6)
- Thanks for the input. - erik 05:05:54 12/29/15 (5)
- Does your amp have a 3 prong (grounded) plug? - David S. 08:33:29 12/29/15 (4)
- RE: Switched from DirecTV to Comcast - got loud humming - fantja 19:15:37 12/27/15 (0)
- RE: Switched from DirecTV to Comcast - got loud humming - Coner 22:33:51 12/23/15 (1)
- Thanks - called them to have the guy come (nt) - erik 08:46:21 12/24/15 (0)