In Reply to: RE: Yes... posted by Mr Peabody on January 1, 2017 at 14:35:38:
The guys having trouble are using a compliant pre-pro in the 8802A and have tried it with any number of full-bandwidth cables. The problem occurs when they switch HDR on. Of course there is a workaround, but not being able to switch your video sources with the pre-pro is both limiting and a major PITA.
Likely all of this will be settled over the next year (if not the next few months via firmware), and by that time there may even be HDR content worth speaking about. In the interim it looks like a good opportunity for me to enjoy the system I have.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Jim Pearce 21:02:37 12/11/16 (18)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Mr Peabody 13:13:52 01/06/17 (1)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - mrdavis842 10:08:00 01/07/17 (0)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Mr Peabody 21:09:49 12/29/16 (6)
- umm... - Jim Pearce 21:21:55 12/31/16 (5)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - mrdavis842 09:47:52 12/14/16 (2)
- good deals... - Jim Pearce 19:31:20 12/14/16 (1)
- RE: good deals... - mrdavis842 22:17:03 12/14/16 (0)
- Wait as long as you can... - kSpace 17:25:18 12/13/16 (0)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Jack G 04:26:17 12/12/16 (4)Follow Ups
- well... - Jim Pearce 15:32:25 01/01/17 (1)
- RE: well... - Mr Peabody 18:28:02 01/01/17 (0)