In Reply to: who knew? posted by Jim Pearce on June 11, 2017 at 15:51:44:
The difference in sound affect was probably more likely due to the 4" rise and tilt than the screen size and borders. It would have been interesting to take out the tilt and see what changed. I think you are confusing the soap opera effect with something else. It is purely a video effect caused when motion correction makes the picture frames look [too] smooth making movies (film) look like soap operas (video).
Just curious, what was your and your wife's initial take on the differences between the two TV's pictures when watching your first couple of movies?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - who knew? - Jim Pearce 15:51:44 06/11/17 (12)
- RE: who knew? - fantja 01:18:01 06/15/17 (2)
- it was a great tv fantja... - Jim Pearce 10:15:08 06/15/17 (0)
- I have one too, don't look forward to - oldmkvi 06:50:31 06/15/17 (0)
- I don't like looking up at a TV screen- - oldmkvi 21:05:13 06/14/17 (0)
- RE: who knew? - mrdavis842 07:12:47 06/12/17 (2)
- by the way, I'm not the only one... - Jim Pearce 06:53:43 06/13/17 (0)
- can't take the tilt out... - Jim Pearce 08:12:28 06/12/17 (0)
- RE: who knew? - Jack G 04:22:02 06/12/17 (4)