In Reply to: Replacement tv for my Panasonic plasma posted by fwestern753 on September 30, 2017 at 09:47:03:
I have relegated my pioneer elite 730 to the masterbedroom system.
Now I've gone the Epson projector route in my main setup with a 120 inch DNP , Din Nippon Printing of Denmark it arrived via 18 wheeler, supernova core 2 screen, this setup is so striking in its ability to move you and put you in the action it's astonishing. I never thought going from 65 inch to 120 would be so dramatically different, boy was it ever!
Epson has enough lumens or lightpower in there latest projectors, I'm not sure if you need a light rejecting screen like mine. I'm sure I will never purchase another TV again as technology is rapidly changing in this market also. So all I do now is upgrade my projector!
Have a Roku streaming stick for Netflix, fandango for the latest movies in true HD stored in the cloud once purchased, etc.. Love it.
Epson is my choice they're are many others 1080p 3d starting refurbished as little as 500 dollars. Optima has a 4k at around 2 thousand.
/// Tim W. ///
Edits: 10/25/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Replacement tv for my Panasonic plasma - fwestern753 09:47:03 09/30/17 (15)
- RE: Replacement tv for my Panasonic plasma - email@example.com 19:31:50 10/25/17 (2)
- I wish I had the right room.... - Rod M 18:14:24 10/30/17 (1)
- Remain optimistic... - firstname.lastname@example.org 00:40:15 10/31/17 (0)
- RE: Replacement tv for my Panasonic plasma - DeeCee 17:16:03 10/04/17 (0)
- RE: Replacement tv for my Panasonic plasma - fantja 14:09:14 10/04/17 (0)
- RE: Replacement tv for my Panasonic plasma - grantv 07:02:54 10/03/17 (6)
- If you are not into the latest, .....try Costco - Carl G 18:34:42 10/05/17 (5)
- RE: If you are not into the latest, .....try Costco - fantja 14:11:29 10/17/17 (0)
- Hahhh. $4K and its lifespan is fairly limited..... - Carl G 19:08:00 10/05/17 (3)
- Your comments on OLED TV's... - Mr. Dick Hertz 19:34:34 10/05/17 (2)
- RE: Your comments on OLED TV's... - bajaed 17:40:14 10/11/17 (1)
- When I was first looking for large screen TV's.... - Mr. Dick Hertz 20:43:54 10/11/17 (0)
- I made the jump to OLED... - SF tech 10:58:46 10/02/17 (0)
- If you plan to get a 4K TV... - RadioWonder 08:01:47 10/02/17 (0)
- With your price point... - Mr. Dick Hertz 10:49:41 10/01/17 (0)