Am buying new TV to put above fireplace. Will have Harbeth P3ESR speakers on bookshelves for my TV and 2-channel audio powered by an integrated amp with built in DAC i.e. Parasound P5. For TV, my primary objective is improved dialogue vs. what generally comes from TV's speakers. No interest in surround sound.
My question is, which form of connection might produce the best sound (for dialogue)? The digital out from TV to DAC, or RCA to RCA (if TV has an RCA out)? Or, does it matter?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Best 2-channel audio from TV - FLR 06:29:04 07/03/18 (10)
- RE: Best 2-channel audio from TV - Mel 09:36:58 08/23/18 (0)
- Hook-up both. - oldmkvi 07:07:38 08/10/18 (0)
- RE: Best 2-channel audio from TV - Mr Peabody 13:13:18 07/26/18 (0)
- Partal answer... - Mossback 11:18:27 07/11/18 (0)
- TVs above fireplace - kh6idf 06:31:51 07/11/18 (3)
- RE: TVs above fireplace - lokie 05:53:24 09/02/18 (1)
- RE: TVs above fireplace - email@example.com 15:45:33 11/27/18 (0)
- That's where we have our TV - with the top just a couple of inches below the ceiling - Chris from Lafayette 16:31:55 07/23/18 (0)
- RE: Best 2-channel audio from TV - Cut-Throat 17:24:23 07/04/18 (0)
- RE: Best 2-channel audio from TV - Coner 00:32:25 07/04/18 (0)