In Reply to: RE: Panasonic plasma TV posted by Geneml on July 7, 2019 at 12:14:08:
Power consumption was red herring. At 9 or 10 cents a kw hour, just not a valid concern, IMO. However, cost was the one that took the most out of plasma sails. LCD got dirt cheap, but there was still a market for plasma ... until 4k drove the killer nail in the coffin.
BTW, if that 4k plasma was actually built, I wonder how much it weighed. Hundreds of pounds I would suspect.
The 152 inch 4K that Panny actually did make weigh(ed) 1,272 pounds. Wow!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Panasonic plasma TV - Geneml 18:07:50 07/06/19 (10)
- What killed plasma? For 9 glorious years, I owned - tinear 18:21:47 02/20/20 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Rod M 18:51:53 07/17/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - jedrider 09:27:33 07/14/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Hornlover 08:11:17 07/09/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Jack G 05:46:45 07/07/19 (4)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Geneml 12:14:08 07/07/19 (3)
- 4K killed plasma. (nt) - Sondek 20:26:12 07/06/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Sondek 13:48:31 07/07/19 (0)