I binged on "Fleabag" in two nights. It was a total of 12 half-hour episodes of the best Brit comedy yet. Waller-Bridge is known for her razor wit and expressiveness in addition to her BIG British teeth. Yeah, I'd divorce Tina Fey for her.
Fleabag is the story of a thirty-something Brit woman trying to survive her family and her life in London. In the very first scene, she has anal sex with a first date and has a few comments to make directly into the camera. This becomes the hallmark, camera talk. In season two, she falls in love with a Catholic priest and has divine sex. Phoebe isn't afraid to go there.
If you have a bent for Brit humor, you may want to give it a shot. She got an Emmy and 3 Golden Globes for her efforts.
View YouTube Video
Yeah, I'm late to the party.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - My love affair with Phoebe . . . - Billy Wonka 12:44:46 08/28/20 (12)
- Shtick: speak in terms a rapper would blush to, facing directly into the camera. Are we - tinear 17:09:40 09/03/20 (1)
- Sorry, tinman, your pretentions have been out voted . . . - Billy Wonka 08:06:16 09/18/20 (0)
- Season one was mediocre... season two divine... but she's a gem... - musetap 22:17:45 08/28/20 (1)
- Yeah, season two (3-hours) begat all the awards. * - Billy Wonka 19:55:23 08/31/20 (0)
- RE: My love affair with Phoebe . . . - Sondek 19:47:28 08/28/20 (5)
- I couldn't finish the first season. Maybe I'll try the second. (nt) - reelsmith. 12:03:57 08/31/20 (0)
- "1st season is painful," You can say that twice again. - Victor Khomenko 06:02:22 08/30/20 (3)
- RE: "1st season is painful," You can say that twice again. - Sondek 09:07:21 08/30/20 (2)
- My favourite comedy, brit or otherwise. - Road Warrior 17:10:57 08/28/20 (0)
- You might want to give Crashing a look (also by PWB) on Netflix - PhilJ 16:36:37 08/28/20 (0)