In Reply to: 'No Time To Die': No lack of action . . . posted by Billy Wonka on October 9, 2021 at 12:20:10:
the repetitive nature of the kill shots at the end became boring; how many far heavier cars can be victimized by side-swiping from an Asian SUV? (obviously, quite a few...); the plot was needlessly confusing; the super villain could have used more screen time pre-climax; that "new" 007 looks like she needs a new trainer: whatever she's doing, it ain't working--- agents gotta be lean and mean. Finally, when that cool-as-ice new Cuban female agent left the screen, the film lost a lot of its allure...
Still, it's a must-see film for Bond enthusiasts. B- to C+.
The biggest problem: WAY too damned long. Inevitably, these kinds of films get flaccid when they stretch much over 90 minutes, or so.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'No Time To Die': No lack of action . . . - Billy Wonka 12:20:10 10/09/21 (21)
- RE: 'No Time To Die': No lack of action . . . - RGA 17:27:17 10/17/21 (5)
- Five Craig Bond movies... - musetap 21:50:28 10/17/21 (4)
- Thumbs somewhat up: (spoilers' alert) - tinear 17:43:19 10/12/21 (2)
- It was confusing . . . - Billy Wonka 16:03:51 10/13/21 (1)
- RE: It was confusing . . . - tinear 16:32:49 10/13/21 (0)
- Craig and Bond: the only two who actually conveyed - tinear 06:07:23 10/12/21 (9)
- Agree but I still have a soft spot in my heart for Moore in Live And Let Die - Road Warrior 15:41:17 10/13/21 (2)
- RE: Agree but I still have a soft spot in my heart for Moore in Live And Let Die - RGA 17:53:32 10/14/21 (0)
- +1 for Live And Let Die... It was my first Bond film.... - TWB 20:50:43 10/13/21 (0)
- RE: Craig and Bond: the only two who actually conveyed - troutbum 06:03:37 10/13/21 (3)
- Roger Moore tainted the part by his "Saint" tenure. The persona was - tinear 11:51:21 10/14/21 (2)
- RE: Roger Moore tainted the part by his "Saint" tenure. The persona was - RGA 17:48:34 10/14/21 (1)
- Absolutely. Cold-blooded killers are, in a way, worse than serial killers who - tinear 15:00:59 10/19/21 (0)
- Craig and Connery? Don't pass up David Niven. - free.ranger 09:26:51 10/12/21 (1)
- Believe it or not, Peter Sellers was going to be Bond but - tinear 10:58:44 10/12/21 (0)
- ... messages of women rising...To be the villains ? - Wojciech 16:19:57 10/09/21 (1)
- The opening bit is worth it . . . - Billy Wonka 20:01:11 10/10/21 (0)