In Reply to: Five Craig Bond movies... posted by musetap on October 17, 2021 at 21:50:28:
The only reason I watch these things these days is that I have seen them all - so it's like collecting - you see the 25th movie to complete the set. I enjoyed NTTD enough to rank it behind Casino Royale and it didn't feel as long as the 2:43 run time. I was kind of dreading that run time.
I did appreciate that stunts were actual stunts and seemed less CGI than usual.
Craig was allowed to act in this movie. Therein may lie the problem with NTTD. It doesn't really feel like a Bond film. I grew up with Roger Moore's Bond and I suppose I expect some tongue-in-cheek silliness here and there - you know - FUN. I like when Jaws eats an iron bar or rips apart a van with his bare hands while Bond is trying to escape. I kind of like a bit of cheese with Bond.
Granted I also appreciate Dalton and Craig's more ruthless take on the character but still would have liked some suave and some innuendo - that's the character.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'No Time To Die': No lack of action . . . - Billy Wonka 12:20:10 10/09/21 (21)
- RE: 'No Time To Die': No lack of action . . . - RGA 17:27:17 10/17/21 (5)
- Five Craig Bond movies... - musetap 21:50:28 10/17/21 (4)
- Thumbs somewhat up: (spoilers' alert) - tinear 17:43:19 10/12/21 (2)
- It was confusing . . . - Billy Wonka 16:03:51 10/13/21 (1)
- RE: It was confusing . . . - tinear 16:32:49 10/13/21 (0)
- Craig and Bond: the only two who actually conveyed - tinear 06:07:23 10/12/21 (9)
- Agree but I still have a soft spot in my heart for Moore in Live And Let Die - Road Warrior 15:41:17 10/13/21 (2)
- RE: Agree but I still have a soft spot in my heart for Moore in Live And Let Die - RGA 17:53:32 10/14/21 (0)
- +1 for Live And Let Die... It was my first Bond film.... - TWB 20:50:43 10/13/21 (0)
- RE: Craig and Bond: the only two who actually conveyed - troutbum 06:03:37 10/13/21 (3)
- Roger Moore tainted the part by his "Saint" tenure. The persona was - tinear 11:51:21 10/14/21 (2)
- RE: Roger Moore tainted the part by his "Saint" tenure. The persona was - RGA 17:48:34 10/14/21 (1)
- Absolutely. Cold-blooded killers are, in a way, worse than serial killers who - tinear 15:00:59 10/19/21 (0)
- Craig and Connery? Don't pass up David Niven. - free.ranger 09:26:51 10/12/21 (1)
- Believe it or not, Peter Sellers was going to be Bond but - tinear 10:58:44 10/12/21 (0)
- ... messages of women rising...To be the villains ? - Wojciech 16:19:57 10/09/21 (1)
- The opening bit is worth it . . . - Billy Wonka 20:01:11 10/10/21 (0)