What happens when you cast three Oscar winners and every other "face" in Hollywood? Well, you should get a slew of nominations, right?
I was knocked aback when a scene changed and there came another recognizable Hollywood Face. Somebody went casting crazy and it paid off.
Bale, Washington, and Robbie all became soul-mate buddies during WWI and landed in Amsterdam for several years before individually rotating back to the USA. Their friendship leads them into discovering one of the most hushed-up plots ever conceived in the 1930s.
Plenty of humor, visually alluring, Robbie's beauty, and lots of interesting smaller parts including Taylor Swift (very good), Angela Riseborough (excellent), Zoe Saldana (excellent), Ana Tayor-Joy (excellent), Chris Rock, Michael Shannon, Mike Meyers, etc. It gets too numerous . .
My prize for best of best goes to Bale for his total immersion into his character. He was fun to watch. Rami Malek was most interesting to watch with his slick, well-oiled upper-class smarts and his "perfect" wife, Taylor-Joy. Of course, DiNero was having a good day and was excellent.
All in all, I would say drag it to the big screen. This is a spetacle of sorts.
View YouTube Video
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'Amsterdam': Trolling for Oscars - Billy Wonka 14:11:28 10/08/22 (5)
- We saw it on Saturday night at the cinema - JDK 19:49:21 10/09/22 (1)
- RE: We saw it on Saturday night at the cinema - Mike B. 13:21:21 10/12/22 (0)
- Looking forward to seeing it... - musetap 12:15:25 10/09/22 (2)
- RE: Looking forward to seeing it... - pictureguy 23:32:22 10/09/22 (1)
- Less about that than the zany combozation of Coen Bros meets Wes Anderson with a touch of... - musetap 17:58:33 10/11/22 (0)