In Reply to: Just rented it, agree, why did Nolan miniaturize such an epic tale???^ posted by Road Warrior on January 17, 2018 at 21:22:55:
I disagree, but not in argument , I am a solidly pro fun guy, and also dig movies.
I do feel the objection misplaced. It was you who miniaturized the film, it was designed as a 70 mm wide screen theatrical presentation. Like wearing clothes that don't fit, it changes the experience, grand piano or fender rhodes, they are both pianos, but are not strictly interchangeable.
I offer a contrasting opinion easily, having seen the film on the big screen , in the original format. I didn't grind it up in a blender and drink it through a straw for convenience and then complain it wasn't that good. You might enjoy movies that way, but you also might have missed a lot of the show, from the lights going down to the curtain dropping at the end. Yes, that movie house has a curtain.
As an aside, and of course, competitive lad that I am, I bring it up, there might be stuff going on you never will see outside of a theatre.
Like at the start of baby driver, where the creator appears on the screen and personally thanks the audience for attending his show with all the noise, and visual excitement of the theatrical experience. Further supporting my position. He also thanked people for supporting theaters in general, since he has a great affection for the form,
Another point, which I hope you will enjoy in the future, , different endings from the theatre to home . Two I can speak of are sci fi flicks , under the skin, something like that , had a big female star and a lot of nudity.
when I rented the thing, all of a sudden they were wearing little black swim trunks. A tom cruse movie, another SCi Fi, where he fights aliens and dies over and over had two very different endings, , where the theatrical ending incorporated time travel , so the ending of the war never happened, so to speak, you had to figure it out, the movie I rented, had a concrete solid ending ,
The last quality movie I have seen was, I tonya, one I recommend in any presentation.
aLL the best to you. I should mention that a senior discount helps my motivation to leave the house. Once they start asking 15 bucks or so , more for 3D, i get pretty selective. Still , seeing the last madmax, an instant classic from the first viewing, in 3D Imax, with a full house , was not to be missed.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The list you need -- worst films of 2017. - free.ranger 08:12:46 12/30/17 (20)
- 'Dunkirk' belongs at the top of the list . . . - Billy Wonka 20:35:56 01/03/18 (2)
- Just rented it, agree, why did Nolan miniaturize such an epic tale???^ - Road Warrior 21:22:55 01/17/18 (1)
- RE: Just rented it, agree, why did Nolan miniaturize such an epic tale???^ - beach cruiser 23:42:16 01/26/18 (0)
- Only one I saw... - mkuller 14:29:24 01/01/18 (2)
- It was a truly beautiful movie . . . - Billy Wonka 09:56:14 01/03/18 (0)
- RE: Only one I saw... - fantja 15:15:39 01/01/18 (0)
- RE: on that list I've seen..... - user510 12:18:17 01/01/18 (0)
- Guess I am lucky? - Mike B. 12:32:15 12/31/17 (2)
- I saw 3 of these and -- god help me -- I liked them. nt - free.ranger 13:53:33 12/31/17 (1)
- Nothing wrong with that - Mike B. 09:48:19 01/01/18 (0)
- Blade Runner 2049, Dumbkirk and the one with the talking tree trunks. Nt - geoffkait 15:22:40 12/30/17 (4)
- If you mean Arrival, that was a 2016 film. nt - free.ranger 16:14:36 12/30/17 (3)
- Yes, he means "Arrival" but he didn't stay long enough to realize the tree trunks don't talk... - Steve O 07:28:33 12/31/17 (2)
- I don't test well. I always see sexual symbols. Nt - geoffkait 12:50:49 12/31/17 (0)
- Well, they talked to him... - musetap 11:37:29 12/31/17 (0)
- The Great Wall was unwatchable, so stupid it ruined any involvment potential nt - PhilJ 11:39:42 12/30/17 (2)
- Whatta stinker! Matt Damon, the most miscast actor in recent memory and, looked like he didn't even try - Road Warrior 16:19:47 12/30/17 (1)
- I turned it off about the same time! LOL - PhilJ 17:08:50 12/30/17 (0)
- RE: The list you need -- worst films of 2017. - Dr Phibes 08:44:57 12/30/17 (1)
- I like LaSalle though agree about the Chron... - musetap 15:33:39 12/31/17 (0)