In Reply to: 'Solo': Best Star Wars Story yet . . . posted by Billy Wonka on May 25, 2018 at 21:55:02:
Last min script rewrites, change of director etc. Weak story, mostly lame acting, and a macro time line that does not make sense in the context of the larger SW story from EP1-EP4.
Han Solo will be the lemon of the franchise.
Rogue One was a good flic in comparison. The viewer gained insight into the idealism/pragmatism struggle within the Rebel leadership. There was a definite link to other SW movies, and it was plausible. Yeah the pan cultural cast was 21st cent PC, but a blind Jedi made perfect sense.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'Solo': Best Star Wars Story yet . . . - Billy Wonka 21:55:02 05/25/18 (12)
- I liked it., Unlike the others, it was done for fun, not to push an agenda. - Markw* 19:28:25 06/05/18 (0)
- RE: 'Solo': Best Star Wars Story yet . . . - grantv 09:44:46 05/30/18 (0)
- I gave up on the series - Mike B. 14:58:40 05/28/18 (2)
- Weekend box office was well below "expectations"... - Steve O 15:11:29 05/28/18 (1)
- You are correct - beach cruiser 14:23:33 06/05/18 (0)
- I enjoyed it quite a bit, action packed from start to finish... nt - PhilJ 12:44:32 05/27/18 (0)
- Lots of issues - Ross 07:22:54 05/27/18 (2)
- RE: Lots of issues.... I concur... - TWB 04:38:20 05/31/18 (0)
- Let's remember . . . - Billy Wonka 07:51:53 05/27/18 (0)
- Hmmmm...quite a contrast to nearly all other reviews I've read/heard . . . - Steve O 11:52:47 05/26/18 (2)