Many years ago there was a wonderful cartoon. A string quartet is playing some melody, and then a guy with a tuba enters the frame and starts playing two notes.
He gets kicked out. But surely, comes back, and again, and again...
Eventually the strings join him in plying those two notes...
I remember this funny cartoon any time I think of Netflix.
Hell, guys... we used to discuss movies. Now every other thread is about some Netflix D-rated junk.
On our front, it is things German for a few days. After three Fassbinder's we are switching to Sschlondorff, so tonight it will be Coup de Grace. We have seen all these films many years ago, but they are still mostly fresh. Well, maybe Maria Braun looked a bid dated, but still... We once again enjoyed The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant.
Thinking of disconnecting Netflix.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Netflix - Victor Khomenko 12:31:07 10/09/18 (13)
- Do it, Do it Victor - violinist3 18:59:29 10/16/18 (0)
- I think - Awe-d-o-file 13:56:37 10/13/18 (2)
- It is on my list - Victor Khomenko 15:51:18 10/13/18 (1)
- RE: It is on my list - Awe-d-o-file 18:42:06 10/13/18 (0)
- try Film Threat, they let you browse without joining, despite their terrible name they have lots of vintage - PhilJ 15:05:32 10/09/18 (5)
- Thank you, I will write it down and check it out... but... - Victor Khomenko 15:46:13 10/09/18 (4)
- my mistake, I meant FilmStruck, glad you have it... - PhilJ 17:32:21 10/09/18 (3)
- Movies don't have to be olde and b&w to be good . . . - Billy Wonka 14:51:17 10/09/18 (2)