In Reply to: RE: 75" OLED posted by fantja on January 21, 2017 at 07:13:02:
That's an ignorant statement, you really do not know what you are talking about. Technology does improve over time. You should at least keep up with technology and do some research before making statements like that.
While plasma TVs have very good picture quality they are no longer the best and no ISF calibration is going to make one better than an OLED. Just looking at one it is obvious that the picture quality is better. OLED TVs have a much wider color gamut than plasma, the better ones now reach 99% of DCI/P3. OLEDs easily win over plasma in brightness and support Dolby Vision high dynamic range as well as HDR10 for far greater color accuracy and wider color [bit] depth. They have a substantially improved color gradient over Plasma TVs.
Plasma has very good black levels but a small amount of ambient light is refracted out of the panel to the viewer. OLEDs do not have that issue so they have virtually perfect black levels. OLEDs have a faster response time than Plasma. The new OLED TVs have much greater processing power for filtering, scaling, etc. OLEDs are far more energy efficient that plasma. OLEDs come in bigger screen sizes (up to 77") than plasma and are way thinner and lighter. Both have excellent viewing angles.
I like my plasma TV but no sense in pretending like it's better. If you are content with your plasma and want to keep it forever good for you but you are the one missing out.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - a lump of coal in my stocking... - Jim Pearce 11:13:47 12/25/16 (21)
- Me too... - Rod M 19:28:43 01/03/17 (9)
- 75" OLED - volunteer 07:37:06 01/10/17 (6)
- RE: 75" OLED - fantja 16:05:24 01/19/17 (5)
- RE: Me too... - Jim Pearce 06:04:37 01/04/17 (0)
- RE: Me too... - fantja 22:43:12 01/03/17 (0)
- RE: a lump of coal in my stocking... - fantja 19:21:46 12/25/16 (10)
- Pretty much what you said about the Esoteric fantja... - Jim Pearce 20:54:15 12/25/16 (9)
- RE: Pretty much what you said about the Esoteric fantja... - Mr Peabody 21:23:29 12/29/16 (3)
- the AVM 60 lacks 5.1 analog inputs... - Jim Pearce 19:18:23 12/30/16 (1)
- RE: the AVM 60 lacks 5.1 analog inputs... - Mr Peabody 21:14:54 12/30/16 (0)
- RE: Pretty much what you said about the Esoteric fantja... - fantja 14:07:46 12/30/16 (0)
- RE: Pretty much what you said about the Esoteric fantja... - fantja 23:31:28 12/25/16 (4)
- the TV and pre-pro could go on forever... - Jim Pearce 06:25:56 12/26/16 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: 75" OLED - mrdavis842 12:30:16 01/21/17 (0)