Some of you might remember the Iranian gem of a movie: About Elly, and its gorgeous star Golshifteh Farahani. She is a very talented actress, with a long list of international accomplishments.
It was quite a revelation to see her in one of the bloodiest, the most idiotic "action" films of the year - the Netflix' "Extraction".
She is doing an all out Rambo in the final scenes, running around in fashionable black tactical gear (boy, does she look hot there!) with an RPG and machine guns. She is also a great shot - hitting the enemy sniper straight in his forehead from great distance.
I'll be honest - if it was not for her, my tenure with that piece of crap would have been a short one.
I guess even the most beautiful and talented stars need steady income. :)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The Machinegun Elly (spoiler allert) - Victor Khomenko 08:24:27 05/05/20 (10)
- "About Elly" indeed was excellent, as are quite a few contemporary Iranian films. - tinear 12:34:53 05/23/20 (0)
- RE: The Machinegun Elly (spoiler allert) - JDK 04:17:13 05/18/20 (0)
- Yer not fooling anybody . . . - Billy Wonka 21:30:21 05/11/20 (0)
- That actress is in a movie that I just watched, called Paterson... - TWB 10:23:32 05/05/20 (6)
- I thought that it was more about art and life - richardl 11:26:10 05/05/20 (0)
- I know about that one - Victor Khomenko 10:28:54 05/05/20 (4)
- It's a good character study.... but a little slow... - TWB 11:11:51 05/05/20 (3)
- Slow is good... - Victor Khomenko 12:20:21 05/05/20 (2)
- There is something good about slow moving flicks - violinist3 18:16:42 05/05/20 (1)
- "Slow" films are a different type of storytelling, that's all. - tinear 11:54:12 05/27/20 (0)