This Belgian/Dutch miniseries has plenty to offer. I like movies, coming from that part of the world - they tend to be somewhat above average, and this one is no exception.
Court/jury dramas can be riveting, and The Twelve delivers in that regard. But two things deserve special mention.
One - their system of justice is quite different from outs, so it is educational to see it in action. I presume the movie accurately portrays the way their system works. There are some major differences with the US one.
And two... there is no simple answer. In fact, the movie leaves you gasping for one... but not finding it. And that is perhaps its strongest point - real life situations tend to be more complicated than the simple black/white division.
All in all, a very rewarding show.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - "The Twelve" - good court drama - Victor Khomenko 06:36:55 07/22/20 (17)
- How does it compare to the Henry Fonda old film or Mikhalkov's? - tinear 09:24:48 07/22/20 (16)
- You refer to '12 Angry Men'? - Billy Wonka 10:28:56 07/22/20 (5)
- RE: You refer to '12 Angry Men'? - tinear 05:16:00 07/23/20 (4)
- Modern take on the same subject - Victor Khomenko 10:15:51 07/22/20 (7)
- "it streams on Netflix" - Chris from Lafayette 09:31:36 07/25/20 (5)
- Maybe you NF stats aren't showing it to you . . . - Billy Wonka 17:33:58 08/02/20 (0)
- Strange... I just checked, it is there. nt - Victor Khomenko 16:13:19 07/25/20 (3)
- Me, too. nt - tinear 07:46:54 07/26/20 (2)
- OK - Thanks to you both! (Very strange on my end!) [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 00:43:38 07/27/20 (1)
- Found it - finally! - Chris from Lafayette 12:01:33 07/30/20 (0)
- In a very different way, two other Chinese directors have reinvented cinema. - tinear 13:08:10 07/22/20 (0)
- Modern take on the same subject - Victor Khomenko 10:14:08 07/22/20 (1)
- Tilda Swinton: how did you like her in "Man from London?" - tinear 09:50:37 07/24/20 (0)