A hip young man takes a girl to a farmhouse to purchase some rotgut vodka--- and the journey into the wounded Russian soul begins its slide here, deeper and deeper into depravity, murder, and mayhem. But this isn't any grind house exploitation film--- there are deep issues here, both stated and debated--- and left unresolved.
Across the board, the acting is first-rate and the slow-burn of horror seldom lets up.
I was surprised to find this gem on youtube for no charge: the streaming quality is top-notch, too. Be warned: this is a disturbing film that you won't forget very easily.
Edits: 07/29/20This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - "Cargo 200:" a terrifying view from inside the hell that was - tinear 11:46:21 07/29/20 (8)
- We discussed this years ago . . . - Billy Wonka 11:36:42 08/01/20 (0)
- RE: "Cargo 200:" a terrifying view from inside the hell that was - House13 10:30:39 07/31/20 (1)
- Youtube has it with English subtitles. nt - Victor Khomenko 10:31:29 07/31/20 (0)
- Do you know what "200" means? - Victor Khomenko 19:15:32 07/29/20 (4)
- RE: Do you know what "200" means? - Victor Khomenko 06:09:47 07/30/20 (3)
- Next, catch, "My Joy." Every bit as good and chilling. Superb acting, too. I caught it - tinear 12:09:05 07/30/20 (2)
- I have seen My Joy, I think we discussed it years ago - Victor Khomenko 15:19:36 07/30/20 (1)
- Well, I must watch Russian films, read Russian books. - tinear 07:32:35 08/03/20 (0)