take what appears to be a mundane storyline (the story of the development of the Oxford English dictionary) to surprising heights. Sean Penn delivers as the troubled madman as does Gibson as the Professor (actually dropped out of school at 14 and put in charge of the 70+ year project). Steve Coogan, Natalie Dormer and Jennifer Ehle deliver in meaty supporting roles.
A shaky first act redeemed in spades in acts 2 & 3. Quite true to history tho they played with the timeline in a cupla spots. A 2019 production, on Ntflx. Some critics didn't like it, IMDB users loved it. ***, Joe Bob says check it out.
"E Burres Stigano?"
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The Professor And The Madman. Intelligent writing and great acting - Road Warrior 21:54:58 01/06/21 (5)
- RE: The Professor And The Madman. Intelligent writing and great acting - jim thomas 12:18:55 01/07/21 (0)
- RE: The Professor And The Madman. Intelligent writing and great acting - Mike B. 09:30:14 01/07/21 (0)
- Gibson convincingly portraying a professor indeed goes a long way to - tinear 05:44:51 01/07/21 (1)
- He's had a couple of good efforts lately - Road Warrior 13:43:36 01/07/21 (0)
- We're on the same page there... was hesitant to watch... - musetap 22:25:05 01/06/21 (0)