I rate the film just okay because there were some critical loose ends where the dots weren't properly connected. The novel 'American Kingpin' and the article in Rolling Stone magazine are more complete and satisfying. But the story of Ross Ulbricht is worth knowing. Before he came along, people knew nothing about Bitcoin, Dark Web, etc. Now he's in prison serving two life sentence without the possibility of parole -- he received a stiffer sentence than El Chapo.
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. "
― W.C. Fields
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Just watched 'Silk Road' (2021) - Jay Buridan 19:04:35 07/11/21 (7)
- Wasn't this guy involved in narco-trafficking, too? Thanks, but I'll - tinear 13:04:55 07/12/21 (6)
- His website made him a crypto-billionaire in eighteen months - Jay Buridan 13:43:11 07/12/21 (5)
- I just meant I'm not concerned about his sentence... nt - tinear 07:34:57 07/13/21 (4)
- Nor I, but I guess among libertarians he's a cause celebre - Jay Buridan 12:42:47 07/13/21 (3)
- Heroin and cocaine trafficking? Definitely a danger, in my world, to society! nt - tinear 07:41:52 07/14/21 (2)