as amoral and corrupting as any television or theater offering I can recall. Simply put: there is no redeeming value for all the ceaseless and needlessly grisly murders that overwhelm most scenes. Even in its own world, it would be unacceptable; in these days of real world massacres and ultra-violence, it is dangerous, irresponsible, and satanic to so casually show so much mayhem. But, some may say, these are but robots that are being tortured and slaughtered! Yes, but they are indistinguishable from humans--- watching this, week-after-week, is to become dehumanized--- in the most profound way.
Moreover, the premise of all this, that "normal" humans would voluntarily, eagerly, and pleasurably engage in rape and murder, goes against all clinical evidence and in itself is a deeply corrosive and sickening message.
Good actors, though...
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - "Westworld:" entertaining, sometimes brilliant, but - tinear 07:52:03 09/18/21 (18)
- feminist racists propaganda - mbnx01 09:05:39 09/21/21 (4)
- AVOID Gunpowder Milkshake at all costs... - musetap 22:13:45 09/25/21 (0)
- RE: feminist racists propaganda - RGA 01:38:56 09/22/21 (2)
- Maybe it wasn't for you... - tunenut 18:42:48 09/20/21 (0)
- Did you watch to whole thing (i.e., to where they are now)? - Chris from Lafayette 11:58:00 09/18/21 (11)
- The oft stated/implied message: average people want this, - tinear 09:56:11 09/19/21 (8)
- Your comment about the general armed forces and their need for. . . - Chris from Lafayette 11:26:12 09/19/21 (7)
- People in positions of power are, mostly, socio-or-psycho-paths? Wow! - tinear 07:59:15 09/20/21 (0)
- People in positions of power are, mostly, socio-or-psychopaths? Wow! - tinear 07:57:36 09/20/21 (5)
- Wow indeed! - Chris from Lafayette 11:06:42 09/20/21 (4)
- Gratuitous violence, endlessly repeated. Very deep, Chris. - tinear 07:18:05 09/22/21 (3)
- Yeah - it must seem that way when you lack the capacity. . . - Chris from Lafayette 14:59:51 09/22/21 (2)
- Try discussing without puerile insults. Gratuitous violence: do you q - tinear 15:27:31 09/22/21 (1)
- C'mon, tin - I KNOW you can do it if you wish real hard! [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 20:06:12 09/22/21 (0)
- I enjoyed season 1 but - Jon L 14:46:04 09/18/21 (1)
- Each season has been WAY different from its preceding season - Chris from Lafayette 01:00:59 09/19/21 (0)