In Reply to: RE: yes you heard correctly posted by pictureguy on November 9, 2021 at 12:42:27:
"So.....one might conclude that it was NOT a 'single point of failure' but rather a cascade where
several things had happen for there to be a Terrible Accident........"
A perfect storm of stupidity and failure to follow protocols every step of the way. *Every step.*
"This is what I've heard about airplane crashes. Several things not quite 'up to standard' and culminate in a non-recoverable error....."
My brother was a helicopter pilot his entire career. He learned the trade in Vietnam and retired a few years back in his late 60s. Most helicopter pilots don't retire of you know what I mean. He has always held that his success was due to an obsessive commitment to following all protocols to the letter. He says that just about everything that could go wrong has gone wrong at one time or another and he was able to survive it because he followed all safety protocols.
"Maybe a future rule? Guns are to be kept LOCKED with only the armorer and ONE other person with the key."
That is a current rule. Only it is just the armorer. there is no second key holder
"Double verification of firearm status BEFORE being released to the custody of the set handler...."
The armorer is the set handler. And any gun does go through multiple verifications. The armorer and the prop master double verify.Then they show on set that the barrel is clear and what if anything is being loaded into the gun for final verification. They show the actors and offer anyone else on set to see for themselves if they wish. This is where there seems to be some confusion regarding Baldwin's responsibility. Actors are shown the gun is clear. they are not obligated to look just as the rest of the crew on set are not obligated to look. They are offered that. And they definitely are not even supposed to open up a gun themselves on set to check. They also are not allowed to even keep it on their person or in their costume between takes. But I have seen that rule not enforced many times. It is a pain in the ass for an amrorer to jump in and handle a gun that is empty between takes.
"Something like that? MIght that work?"
All rules rely on being followed to work. That was the problem. The rules were not followed at *every* step of the way. Not just one or two steps.
"Too much is never enough'
As Ron White says. "You can't fix stupid."
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Where will Baldwin's blank take us? - Billy Wonka 16:48:59 10/22/21 (83)
- Baldwin now claims he never pulled the trigger. Nt - geoffkait 17:27:35 12/01/21 (3)
- A proper defense IMHO. He should have said it wasn't his hand.. - Wojciech 18:12:35 12/01/21 (2)
- How about Devine Intervention? Could Alec Baldwin have cried any more during the interview? Nt - geoffkait 06:19:35 12/03/21 (1)
- If it wasn't for a high-profile celebrity the case would be quickly closed as accident - Wojciech 07:07:24 12/03/21 (0)
- Who else has... - Rod H. 09:08:52 11/13/21 (0)
- OMG The latest news, this just in!! - geoffkait 15:14:29 11/10/21 (0)
- RE: Where will Baldwin's blank take us? - pictureguy 12:26:05 11/09/21 (4)
- yes you heard correctly - Analog Scott 12:33:20 11/09/21 (3)
- RE: Where will Baldwin's blank take us? - Ozzie 11:39:28 11/08/21 (7)
- RE: Where will Baldwin's blank take us? - Analog Scott 07:49:18 11/09/21 (5)
- You're making crap up - Ozzie 08:39:15 11/09/21 (4)
- +1 (nt) - TWB 13:42:15 11/08/21 (0)
- You knew this was coming, wrongful death lawsuit - geoffkait 16:38:32 11/03/21 (0)
- The latest developments...- - geoffkait 08:13:26 10/31/21 (2)
- The Shell Game continues . . . . - Billy Wonka 13:30:47 11/03/21 (1)
- This just in! - geoffkait 13:49:23 11/03/21 (0)
- RE: Where will Baldwin's blank take us? - Pat D 19:48:35 10/29/21 (11)
- Make them join the NRA? - Mike B. 07:52:47 11/15/21 (0)
- Doesn't work in the movies - Victor Khomenko 03:52:49 11/02/21 (9)
- RE: Doesn't work in the movies - Analog Scott 12:24:35 11/02/21 (8)
- It definitely was the problem - Analog Scott 16:34:04 11/02/21 (6)
- Recoil... - vacuous 17:32:05 11/02/21 (1)
- There's perfect solution - Victor Khomenko 04:31:14 11/03/21 (0)
- RE: It definitely was the problem - RGA 17:24:14 11/02/21 (3)
- ...unless the gun is empty... yeah that seemed to be the problem. NT - Rod H. 12:55:36 11/02/21 (0)
- Great quote from armorer: I don't know how in the world live rounds got mixed in with dummy rounds. Nt - geoffkait 10:36:53 10/29/21 (7)
- She meant blank rounds, of course, not the dummy ones. - Victor Khomenko 10:59:31 10/29/21 (6)
- No, live rounds means live rounds - Analog Scott 20:16:34 10/29/21 (4)
- Read carefully - Victor Khomenko 04:29:20 11/02/21 (3)
- Non live rounds, right. Nt - geoffkait 13:08:29 10/29/21 (0)
- nothing like the film/DVD forum to remind me - Analog Scott 19:41:53 10/23/21 (26)
- With all due respect, aren't you one--- or why are you posting on this site? nt - tinear 05:52:55 10/25/21 (16)
- Yes I am - Analog Scott 07:38:48 10/25/21 (8)
- You're an audiophile. You hate audiophiles. I just thought the - tinear 05:44:50 10/27/21 (7)
- It's not a conclusion - Analog Scott 19:59:29 10/27/21 (6)
- I have a better opinon of my fellow audio junkies. - tinear 12:13:58 10/28/21 (5)
- I have met a lot more than 4 - Analog Scott 15:24:18 10/28/21 (4)
- Because he's a troll? :-) nt - geoffkait 06:27:13 10/25/21 (6)
- LOL! He should take an Xanax and go.... - TWB 07:13:52 10/25/21 (5)
- Thank you for proving my point - Analog Scott 07:47:14 10/25/21 (4)
- RE: nothing like the film/DVD forum to remind me - geoffkait 06:53:06 10/24/21 (8)
- anyone who uses tragedy to mock people for their politics - Analog Scott 19:49:58 10/24/21 (7)
- RE: anyone who uses tragedy to mock people for their politics - rivervalley817 20:55:30 10/24/21 (6)
- RE: anyone who uses tragedy to mock people for their politics - Analog Scott 07:54:38 10/25/21 (5)
- RE: anyone who uses tragedy to mock people for their politics - rivervalley817 09:40:39 10/25/21 (2)
- Gunner Joe was far more recent: a guy who completely silenced a generation of writers, - tinear 13:09:43 10/27/21 (1)
- RE: Gunner Joe was far more recent: a guy who completely silenced a generation of writers, - rivervalley817 18:46:53 10/27/21 (0)
- RE: anyone who uses tragedy to mock people for their politics - Gary 09:20:20 10/25/21 (1)
- RE: anyone who uses tragedy to mock people for their politics - rivervalley817 12:09:09 10/25/21 (0)
- The Rookie, on ABC, has banned all actual firearms. Dummy - oldmkvi 08:53:54 10/23/21 (10)
- I wish you'd said 'Rookie on ABC banned'. - mbnx01 21:29:12 10/27/21 (1)
- That's why I watch it! nt - oldmkvi 07:02:07 11/05/21 (0)
- 'The Rookie' is just the beginning of CGI gun shots . . . - Billy Wonka 09:24:37 10/23/21 (7)
- The Wick movies are LOUD! - oldmkvi 09:49:15 10/23/21 (6)
- RE: The Wick movies are LOUD! - pictureguy 10:33:32 10/23/21 (5)
- Just a hunch, it was a homicide. Think Columbo. Nt - geoffkait 05:46:38 10/23/21 (0)
- Can't wait for the movie!... - musetap 17:19:57 10/22/21 (0)
- RE: yes you heard correctly - Analog Scott 13:14:58 11/09/21 (1)
- RE: yes you heard correctly - pictureguy 13:31:31 11/09/21 (0)