the numbers of guys who appear to watch foreign films seems tiny.
For some years now, Hollywood has come up way short in "art" films, the non-blockbuster, non-Marvel type films that have original content, intelligent scripts, ground-breaking cinematography, etc.
Iran, S. Korea, Japan, Argentina, Hungary, Hong Kong, China---- these countries are where the real filmmaking is occurring. To neglect these films is to miss out on the new Hitchcock, Lean, Stevens, Renoir, etc.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Are subtitles a non-starter for you? Just wondering, because on a film forum, - tinear 07:07:41 01/31/22 (20)
- hate to say it, but poor education gets base entertainments. - beach cruiser 20:41:25 02/15/22 (0)
- A huge part of acting is... - Rod H. 11:01:56 02/05/22 (0)
- RE: Are subtitles a non-starter for you? Just wondering, because on a film forum, - Mossback 19:03:07 02/03/22 (1)
- RE: Are subtitles a non-starter for you? Just wondering, because on a film forum, - pictureguy 19:31:26 02/03/22 (0)
- Absolutely not. Hell, I use em on English speaking movies as well^ - Road Warrior 15:05:19 02/01/22 (4)
- Me too, but just the silent ones... - musetap 16:24:14 02/02/22 (2)
- The Colony looks muy interesting^ - Road Warrior 19:53:51 02/02/22 (1)
- RE: The Colony looks muy interesting^ - pictureguy 20:39:01 02/02/22 (0)
- LOL! nt - tinear 07:11:51 02/02/22 (0)
- I grew up watching all the new wave flics, Samurai stuff, still finding them, so many! Nt - geoffkait 11:41:23 02/01/22 (4)
- "Twilight Samurai" and "The Hidden Blade" are superb newer Samurai films. nt - tinear 13:32:50 02/01/22 (3)
- Alain Delon's Le Samourai is very good. It's even on youtube. Nt. - geoffkait 08:35:08 02/02/22 (2)
- Tres bien! Delon could do many genres, all well.nt - tinear 13:26:52 02/04/22 (1)
- By no small coincidence I found a pair of Alain Delon sunglasses yesterday. Very sharp looking! Nt - geoffkait 13:54:34 02/09/22 (0)
- Nah, try 'Rouge City' with subtitles . . . - Billy Wonka 13:13:00 01/31/22 (0)
- Absolutely not... - Rod H. 10:04:50 01/31/22 (3)
- A true film buff! I've not seen all those Hong Sang-soo films, but I've seen - tinear 06:37:15 02/01/22 (2)
- No. (nt) - Jack G 08:39:35 01/31/22 (0)