Never followed the Anna Delvey thing while it was... trending... so find this
series interesting, informative, well done and a VERY interesting take on modern
society/culture/values, especially on an economic/social scale well beyond anything
I'll ever hope not to encounter.
Probably LOTS of BS weaved in, but that's admitted to and it IS TV, so ends up
being very entertaining. At least one episode too long (maybe even two) but a
good burn through. Decent writing, solid performances.
Julia Garner is FANTASTIC in the role. No surprise there, she adds layer upon layer
to the Anna character and (maybe?) gives the real Anna something to aim for as regards
how she may re-invent herself for her next persona.
She's one incredibly intelligent and fucked up/damaged person by any stretch of any
imagination and has carved out a brilliant future for herself in our hedonistic admiring world.
Probably start her own religion.
Basically one great Con Story, up there with the best of them, and JUST the beginning!
Netflix of course.
"Once this was all Black Plasma and Imagination"-Michael McClure
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Julia Garner as Anna... - musetap 14:22:48 02/20/22 (6)
- Absolute agreement and enthusiastic thumbs up: Garner should - tinear 13:42:29 02/25/22 (2)
- She's the ONLY reason to keep watching "Ozark"... - musetap 21:43:18 03/02/22 (1)
- Enjoyed her, but bailed: Bateman, for me, is hard to take... nt - tinear 09:11:03 03/03/22 (0)
- RE: Julia Garner as Anna... - Demo 12:46:09 02/22/22 (1)
- RE: Julia Garner as Anna... - musetap 17:48:29 02/22/22 (0)
- Just started last week. One done and we're ready for more - Road Warrior 21:21:33 02/20/22 (0)