I am an enthusiastic fan of "Ex Machina" and "Annihilation," but Alex Garland's latest is one of the absolute worst films of the past few years. Unfortunately so, because it has some excellent actors--- all wasted in a story that goes sideways about 2/3 in and then gets crazier and more desperate as it collapses.
Spoiler: a film that shows--- in detail--- men giving subsequent and multiple births to fully formed men, for no explainable or understandable reason--- should never itself have been "birthed."
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - "Men:" avoid at all costs! - tinear 06:34:10 06/02/22 (6)
- Men giving birth to men? WTF? Check, please! Nt - geoffkait 08:24:32 06/04/22 (0)
- I wasn't going to ruin it for . . . - Billy Wonka 15:13:20 06/03/22 (0)
- Our son and his wife went to see it. - Road Warrior 20:32:17 06/02/22 (0)
- He thought he could get points for jumping on the 'hate men' bandwagon - mbnx01 10:45:54 06/02/22 (0)
- Hit or miss I guess. Annihilation was a great film. - free.ranger 09:41:19 06/02/22 (1)
- Yup, I really enjoyed those 2 earlier films. - tinear 14:59:53 06/05/22 (0)