If you have been watching, you have seen the story develop around people trying to kill the Bridges character, and him trying to figure why.
Episode 5 was given to strictly relationship developments, and included one of the most poignant romance scenes I have ever watched. Bridges was so in love with his deceased wife that he developed an emotional shadow of her that he frequently conversed with in real time. Not uncommon actually. He carried her memory as if she were still with him, shown as her blurred shadow in the background, giving him advice, memory and insight.
And she was doing that all the time he has been forming a new love relationship with a woman who accidentally got dragged into his mess. When that romance finally clicked (the woman said "I know you", which is what his former wife used to say), his wife's shadow says goodbye and fades in the one of the saddest scenes -- "I'm going to miss you."
Haunting emotional stuff. I've witnessed it happen, but have never seen it shown.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Back to "The Old Man" series ... where were we? Now on episode 5 ... - free.ranger 21:35:37 07/10/22 (10)
- Tough crowd in this thread... - reelsmith. 17:54:21 07/31/22 (0)
- Couldn't finish it - troutbum 05:33:18 07/25/22 (4)
- RE: Couldn't finish it - pbarach 14:04:08 07/25/22 (3)
- RE: Back to "The Old Man" series ... where were we? Now on episode 5 ... - troutbum 15:05:29 07/23/22 (1)
- Ep Seven's been and gone--all finished sorta OK nt. - Des 19:05:13 07/23/22 (0)
- Lovin' this show ! (nt) - reelsmith. 08:19:51 07/16/22 (0)
- RE: Back to "The Old Man" series ... where were we? Now on episode 5 ... - musetap 11:04:37 07/11/22 (0)