At the end of the first hour, I was presented with an honorary M.F.A. My brow was so high I was gasping for oxygen. I knew that Symphony Leagues around the nation would be giving standing ovations because someone finally made a movie "for them".
The rest of the film showed us what the human side of fame, talent, and hubris can do. As only Blanchett can do.
This is an intense experience shored up by an excellent supporting cast and the creativity of Todd Fields who wrote, directed, and produced.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'Tar': A whole new level . . . - Billy Wonka 17:12:35 10/28/22 (12)
- RE: 'Tar': A whole new level . . . - fantja 23:33:15 11/02/22 (0)
- RE: 'Tar': A whole new level . . . - Revolver66 10:46:06 11/02/22 (1)
- RE: 'Tar': A whole new level . . . - Rod H. 20:16:08 11/02/22 (0)
- The only movie about Classical Music I've liked is Copying Beethoven. - oldmkvi 13:57:36 10/29/22 (5)
- RE: The only movie about Classical Music I've liked is Copying Beethoven. - pbarach 12:43:32 11/03/22 (1)
- RE: The only movie about Classical Music I've liked is Copying Beethoven. - RGA 03:28:46 02/13/23 (0)
- I enjoyed Immortal Beloved as well. nt. - geoff 14:47:09 10/29/22 (2)
- Defined . . . - Billy Wonka 17:53:37 10/28/22 (2)
- Thanks for increasing our knowledge - We owe you! [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 01:00:47 10/29/22 (1)
- Point made in film. * - Billy Wonka 10:55:58 10/29/22 (0)