It's everywhere! The first five minutes contain real barf material. It is an insane Roman Circus illustrating a young Hollywood as we would like to think it.
Robbie was doing her shtick: dumb, wild blonde with no limits on behavior. Pitt was the handsome silent screen heartthrob who had a new fiance every third scene. The supporting cast was good because this film was primarily a dramedy or comedrama so serious acting was not required. The only too-far performance was Toby Maquire.
Just a little too long. Take a hanky.
A film about Hollywood released just in time for consideration means the studio expects an Oscar party of major proportion. We'll see.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'Babylon': Volcanic bad taste . . . - Billy Wonka 18:46:04 12/22/22 (6)
- This is Pitt's second dip into old Hollywood. First being "Once Upon a Time ...-". nt - free.ranger 10:58:56 12/30/22 (1)
- And Robbie's. nt - free.ranger 11:00:35 12/30/22 (0)
- That's got Academy Award written all over it. Nt - geoffkait 11:17:57 12/26/22 (3)
- Funniest thing is, it probably will. - grantv 13:20:20 12/28/22 (2)
- Have you seen it? - Steve O 10:21:58 01/05/23 (1)
- No - grantv 16:38:44 01/05/23 (0)