In Reply to: cd's - another 'dead', 'twilight' format posted by mbnx01 on April 27, 2019 at 06:49:08:
I live in Hong Kong where space is at a hige premium - there are dozens of places selling CD and Bluray discs and shock - vinyl. In big shopping malls no less. And CD Vinyl are both still big in Japan and China.
Basically every pop release is still released on CD and Vinyl (mostly) - So dead is something I am not seeing in evidence.
Pioneer just released an over $1,100 USD Bluray player - so the stuff is out there. There are dozens of dedicated CD transports being made by all sorts of companies from Cambridge Audio, Woo Audio, Pro-Ject, AND Metronome, Audio Note, CEC at the higher end. - it goes on and on.
Several were recently posted (some by me) on this Steve Hoffman thread.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New Sound & Vision article on disc players getting thin on the ground - mbnx01 09:16:53 04/20/19 (10)
- What's a disc player? - Sondek 17:19:09 04/21/19 (9)
- When people own thousands of dollars worth of blu rays and dvd's - mbnx01 08:02:57 04/22/19 (8)
- RE: When people own thousands of dollars worth of blu rays and dvd's - Sondek 11:09:30 04/22/19 (7)
- That may be... - Jack G 13:38:11 04/23/19 (6)
- RE: That may be... - AbeCollins 21:07:18 04/23/19 (5)
- RE: That may be... - Jack G 04:43:11 04/24/19 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: cd's - another 'dead', 'twilight' format - RGA 04:56:53 05/07/19 (1)
- RE: cd's - another 'dead', 'twilight' format - avsBuddy 14:56:08 09/04/19 (0)