There are three 'prestige' brands that everyone knows, Sony, LG, Samsung.
There are three 'upstart' brands, Hisense, TKL, Vizio. The major brands are making one terrible decision after another. LG is selling the same panels they used in 2016. Samsung's 2019 sets are not as good as their 2018 sets. Sony's best set was three years ago.
I saw a 65" 4k TKL set yesterday for $500. I got news for you... I think the Japanese and Korean companies are about to have done to them what they did to Sylvania, Magnavox, etc. I think the upstarts are going to clobber the prestige brands. Hisense has a new 'high end' set with quantum dots coming out in June... 65" 4k, $999.
Wouldn't surprise me if Sony was out of the tv market in a few years. Someone get a mop, there's going to be blood on the ceiling.
'A lie is halfway around the world before the truth gets its boots on'. -Mark TwainThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Prepare for a major upheaval in the tv market - mbnx01 09:33:10 05/26/19 (7)
- Quantum dots?... - musetap 10:13:23 06/03/19 (1)
- Negative... n/t - tweakmenow 15:51:54 06/03/19 (0)
- Not sure I'd call "Hisense" an "upstart" - they've been making TVs since before 1979! - David S. 09:24:23 05/28/19 (0)
- RE: Prepare for a major upheaval in the tv market - Hornlover 08:18:01 05/28/19 (1)
- RE: Prepare for a major upheaval in the tv market - mbnx01 08:57:32 05/28/19 (0)
- RE: Prepare for a major upheaval in the tv market - Coner 11:06:44 05/27/19 (1)
- RE: Prepare for a major upheaval in the tv market - mbnx01 09:22:31 05/28/19 (0)