Home Video Asylum

TVs, VCRs, DVD players, Home Theater systems and more.

The short answer is yes

The easiest work around is to go straight from the player to the tv and use an optical cable from either. If your TV has an hdmi eARC port the only thing I have found that works is something called a SHARC. It will convert the newer audio codecs into something your AVR hdmi port can decode.

Edits: 05/22/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • The short answer is yes - budget fi 06:40:11 05/22/21 (0)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.