In Reply to: Sound? posted by lokie on July 20, 2022 at 16:03:16:
I have found that some apps like Sling, Youtube, and Fubo just to name a few only stream in stereo so any other processing from an AV is kind of like the old dolby pro logic. Apps like HBO Max, Showtime, Netflix and Prime send an actual Dolby Digital Plus signal and have better sound overall. If you subscribe to HBO through Sling you miss out on true dolby digital.
Any digital out source whether its from the tv or straight from a streaming device provides good results. The only thing I miss about my cable provider was the better audio feed across the board.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Hulu, Netflix apps: Better on set-top box or TV? - glennw 08:50:07 12/15/21 (12)
- RE: Hulu, Netflix apps: Better on set-top box or TV? - pbarach 14:27:06 08/26/22 (0)
- Sound? - lokie 16:03:16 07/20/22 (3)
- More to do with the app - budget fi 06:56:27 07/30/22 (2)
- Better on apple tv 4K and Amazon cube IMO. Nt - j c maxwell 15:19:30 04/28/22 (0)
- Netflix and Amazon stream in 4K on my Oled Smart TV. - oldmkvi 21:32:54 03/24/22 (0)
- I never connect a tv directly to the internet - mbnx01 22:27:10 01/04/22 (1)
- You can choose no Auto Updates, no problem. nt - oldmkvi 21:34:51 03/24/22 (0)
- RE: Hulu, Netflix apps: Better on set-top box or TV? - Doublej 05:09:51 12/19/21 (0)
- RE: Hulu, Netflix apps: Better on set-top box or TV? - budget fi 16:59:55 12/17/21 (1)
- RE: Hulu, Netflix apps: Better on set-top box or TV? - glennw 09:32:11 12/20/21 (0)